Daisy’s Den and Poppy’s Pad are our two houses both located at the end of the small touring campsite within their own fenced areas providing privacy for our guests. The units will comfortably sleep 4 however are perfect for those looking for a romantic escape with a difference. A luxurious hand built micro house providing the added touches to provide you with a truly amazing glamping experience.
The houses have their own luxurious large wood fired hot-tubs for you to relax in however if you wish to shower there is a family shower room just a 2 minute walk away at the farmhouse. As well as your own eco toilet, there is also a flush toilet at the site entrance for your convenience.
We operate a non-smoking policy in the Little Country Houses.
There is no wifi on site however most mobile providers now have good coverage with 4G being available locally.
Children are welcome on site however we do not recommend the houses for children under 5 due to the ladder, hot tub and wood burner. Children between the ages of 5 and 12 will require full supervision by an adult in the houses, particularly around these items and we ask that you are responsible for their safety.
Check in time is from 3.30 pm and check out is at 10.00 am and our changeover days are generally Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We do offer a 2 night weekend break starting on a Friday however if you wish to check out later than 10.00 am you will need to book the 3 night break.
Dogs – Unfortunately we do not allow dogs in the Cottages however Longhills Farm Boarding Kennels and Cattery is another element of our business and is on site but a sufficient distance from the houses so as not to intrude. If you wish to bring dogs with you we are happy for them to board in the kennels however this will need to be booked in advance.
What is provided
- A pocket sprung double mattress in the sleeping loft to enable you to have a cosy and comfortable night watching the stars from the beautiful aspect window as you drift off to sleep – (base sheet, 4 x pillows and a double duvet provided – DUVET COVERS AND PILLOW CASES ARE NOT PROVIDED)
- Electricity socket with USB socket in sleeping loft to ensure your mobiles are fully charged
- Comfy double sofa bed for those extra guests – (with base sheet if required – NO BEDDING PROVIDED)
- Micro kitchen with cold water tap to kitchen sink
- 2 Ceramic hobs so you can boil a kettle or do some basic cooking
- Fridge with Freezer compartment to keep all those essentials chilled and ice at hand for a quick G&T
- Electric Heater to keep you warm and toasty
- Eco toilet within cottage so you don’t have to dash outside in the middle of the night!
- Breakfast bar with stools for those lazy mornings
- Electrical sockets downstairs for any essential plug ins
- Basic Cooking Pans and Utensils so you can cook up a scrumptious supper
- Camping plates, mugs and the ever essential wine glasses
- A tea towel and cleaning products are provided
- Your own private wood fired hot tub for that totally unique relaxing experience – (the water is changed between each set of guests and we do not add any chemicals)
- The hot tubs take approximately 3 hours to get to a useable temperature – we can pre light them but this will be dependent upon your arrival time
- Wood burner with grill and oven on the covered deck for those outside cooking experiences and a cosy place to sit and chill around the fire as the nights draw to a close
- Outside dining Table and chairs for 4 for those alfresco evenings
- Family shower room within a 2 minute walk of the houses
What is NOT provided
Duvet Covers and Pillow Cases – We request you bring your own duvet cover and pillow cases for the double bed – a double duvet and 4 pillows are provided.
There is no bedding provided for the double sofa bed so you will need to bring sleeping bags, duvets and pillows – a base sheet will be provided if this is being used. If this is not possible please contact us and we can make appropriate arrangements at an additional cost.
Towels are also not provided